Thermaverse™ Otic (Ear) Instructions
Store Thermaverse Otic at Room Temperature!
Place in Refrigerator 15 Minutes Before Use.
- Your pet may experience some temporary balance difficulties which should subside within a few hours.
- Your pet may experience some temporary hearing loss during the course of treatment. This is common due to the presence of the gel in the ear canal.
- Should your pet’s ear become inflamed or they experience any other significant discomfort beyond temporarily scratching at ears until they adjust to treatment, please contact your veterinarian immediately. Thermaverse™ Otic gel is easily removed with a water or otic flush.
- Thermaverse™ Otic should be applied every 5-7 days depending on the infection being treated and for the duration prescribed. It is recommended that you see your vet for a follow-up visit halfway through treatment for proper evaluation if the vet is not applying Thermaverse™.
To Instill Thermaverse™ Otic into your Pet’s Ear:
- Clean or flush your pet’s ear out with your pet's go to ear flush (call us with questions.) Before every treatment, be sure to clean the ear canal first then follow the instructions below.
- Remove protective cover from the syringe tip. Do not discard safety tip. Place it back on the syringe after you complete the dose.
- Place applicator on syringe tip.
- Hold the end of your pet’s ear up at the ear flap, so that you can see into the inner ear canal.
- Insert the syringe tip into the ear canal and push down on the syringe plunger until the ear canal is full. Do NOT push the syringe tip deep into the ear canal. The syringe may contain more medication than is needed for your pet as pets’ ears vary in size.
- Hold your pet’s head steady for 3-5 seconds until the liquid medication turns into a gel. Do not rub pet’s ear (like you do when administering the flush.)
Before and After Thermaverse™ Treatment on one of our Patients
One of our patient’s suffers from recurring ear infections so his owner got him started on a compound we offer that takes care of ear infections. It’s a thermal reversible gel called Thermaverse™.
Notice how after one week of treatment, the dog’s ear looks much better and seems like the infection is gone but, there is still bacteria in the horizontal portion that you CAN’T see.
Enter Thermaverse™. Our Thermaverse™ fills the ear canal (including the horizontal portion that the drops don’t reach).
The drops might seem to have solved it and the infection looks healed due to the outer ear looking nice and the smell being gone but once you stop using the drops after a few weeks, the bacteria in the portion the drops didn’t reach proliferate and refill the ear canal. Therefore your dog keeps struggling with recurring ear infections.
Our easy to administer compound works amazing and is only applied once a week for 4-6 weeks depending on how bad the infection is. The gel is in constant contact with the infection which allows it to be very effective. Whatever bacteria or fungus is there and no matter how raw, inflamed or infected it is, our compound WILL get rid of it.
We like to make your life easier when you need to give the medication that your pets need to make them better.
Feel free to call our friendly vet team anytime for all your pet medication needs at 844-959-PETS(7387) or come by the pharmacy with your pet, we look forward to hearing from you!
FAST and FREE delivery throughout CA!