Frequently Asked Questions
Is the receipt included in the shipment?
- The receipt for your order is placed inside the delivery bag or box. Instructions for properly dosing your pet are included on the medication container. Supplies such as syringes for oral liquids, gloves for safe handling of certain medications, and finger cots for applying transdermal gels are included when needed. Any additional information pertaining to the specific formulation or medication for your pet is provided on an enclosed sheet.
How do I administer the medication to my pet?
- Medication instructions for administering common formulations can be found by “clicking here"
If you ever have a concern or question about giving your pet medication, we are here to help. Please call us during pharmacy hours (M-TH. 9:00AM – 7:00PM, FRI. 9:00AM-5:00PM, SAT. 10:00AM – 3:00PM) or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Are the flavors used hypoallergenic?
- All Golden Pet Rx flavors are hypo-allergenic with protein-free options available. They will not aggravate medical conditions your pet may have that are associated with food related restrictions. Our pharmacy team has lots of experience selecting flavors that will taste best with the specific medication that your pet needs. We want your pet to take their medication easily and regularly, so they feel better soon!
What flavors do you have?
We carry many flavor options available to satisfy palates across species. You may have a preferred flavor that you want us to use. If not, we will pick the flavors our specialists know is best for that specific formulation. Keep in mind you can notify us within 5 days of receiving your order if your pet does not like the medication flavor and we will provide a free sample of another flavor or dosage form. We want your pet to be compliant with their medication so they have the best outcome possible.
How do I have a prescription sent to your pharmacy if I’m a new customer?
- Contact your veterinarian’s office and have them phone (844-959-PETS(7387)), fax (310-750-6083), email (email@example.com) or text (310-767-6744) your pet’s prescription details to the pharmacy. We will contact you by phone within 1 hour of prescription receipt to review the order, arrange payment, and discuss pick-up or delivery options.
To transfer current prescriptions from another pharmacy, “click here” and fill out the transfer a prescription form. Our Vet-specialized pharmacist will begin the transfer procedures and we will contact you once the prescription has been transferred.
How do I refill my prescription?
- If you have a current RX number from your pet’s prescription, you can quickly order a refill using the Golden Pet Rx App. The App is easy to use and automatically alerts you when refills are due for your pet. Links to download the app can be found on the Homepage of this website towards the bottom.
You can also place refill orders through our website portal or by contacting our pharmacy directly. To order from our pharmacy: email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone us at 844-959-PETS (7387).